Facing Problem with Internet connection again and again? Here are the best tips to troubleshoot internet connection.
We are living in a world of high-tech fast technology where the internet plays a major role in most of the tasks occurring in our daily lives.
Earlier, the staff did tasks manually only, but if we see today, almost everything is computerized. This is because it saves time as well as cost.
It increases the efficiency of a company. Although we rely on the internet too much, there are still so many problems with the internet connection that we hear daily regarding troubleshooting.
Let’s look at some of the problems that people face every day:
- Drowsy connections or no internet connectivity
- Issues with a specific website
- Router not responding or modem disconnection
- Problem with the software being used
- Crooked system
- Arousal of virus
Tips to Troubleshoot Internet Connection Issue –
1.Connections That Are Slow:
This is the most common problem of the internet. Many people complain about the slow internet connection or WiFi Connection Problems.
Lots of their time consumed while this troubleshooting occurs.
This is usually when the user is sitting far from the device or the modem. To fix it, the user must get a little closer to the device to get a faster connection.
Sometimes, there is a possibility that someone who is in your neighborhood near to your household is using your connection, which is making your connection slow.
To avoid this, just set up a security setting and make the password confidential.
Want to troubleshoot internet connection and need technical experts to resolve your problem with internet connection instantly? Then just dial Get My WiFi Ext at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-778-8740 and let our certified experts help you.
2.Issues With A Specific Website:
When you face any issue with a specific website, there is a chance that more than one site is facing the same issue.
If you want to find out if the site is working properly or not, you can use a tool called “Down for everyone or just for me”.
This mechanism helps you to find out if several websites are not working or are it just your website. The issue is on the website’s side if it says that it is down for all.
3.Router Not Responding Or Modem Not Working or Disconnection:
This is one of the most common issues faced by people today. When more than one website stops working or does not respond, it means that the router is having some trouble or getting no internet connection.
A modem is primarily an appliance that deals between your computer and your internet connection, whereas the router is responsible for the connection among all the computers kept in the house.
Sometimes the modem and the router are the same things. When such a problem arises, just have a quick look at the modem and check if any light is blinking.
If it gives, you all green lights that means it is working normally. However, if an orange light is blinking, that pinpoints a problem.
4.Problem With Software Being Used
If all other computers, cellular phones, laptops, etc. are working properly and only one computer faces an issue, then it means that something is wrong within the software in the computer.
This is usually due to a virus, browsing or malware. For such a problem, you can do a scan of antivirus and install a distinctive browser.
On that browser, try opening your desired site and access it. For example, if you face a problem with google chrome, try and open your site on the internet explorer.
If you having corrupted files in your pc, then also you face internet connection problems.
When this problem occurs, you should immediately restore the windows back to an earlier point.
This will help to remove the corrupt files and place acceptable, non-corrupt files. Restoring is the best option if the connectivity issue caused by corrupted files.
6.Arousal Of Virus
A virus is something by which the computer gets infected. The internet can have troubleshooting issues when a computer catches a virus or malware.
If it gets serious and relentless, the connection could be unsettled and maybe not function at all. For such situations, the first thing to do is checking your configuration settings on your computer.
If it gets worse, install a program that detects antivirus to examine where the problem is occurring and to keep your computer or laptop guarded.
How to Setup Wi-Fi Router to Fix Internet Not Working Issues Permanently:
This is very vital information that every individual should have to avoid problems in setting up a router. Steps to fixing the router are as following:
- The first and important step is to buy a good quality router to Boost WiFi Signal.
- Then connect the router to the particular modem
- If the devices that you want to connect are close, you can simply use an Ethernet wire for a quick internet connection
- Turning on the router will build a connection between the device and the router’s network, not the online network
- Then you will go to the website of your particular service provider and log in, this step will lead you to your IP address
- On the computer, you will open the browser and enter the username and password
- It will show a bar regarding choosing a method of security, change the settings from default to your username
- Block the sites that could damage your computer in any manner
Although it’s hard to put a permanent to these problems, we can always use our safety measures or precautions to make sure that everything is okay from our end.
Some of the tips to avoid internet troubleshooting are:
- Keep a check on your privacy settings to avoid hacking and cyber attacks
- Try to use the browsers which look authentic and safe to operate
- Use a difficult password for your internet that is hard to guess
- Be very cautious about what you install or download on your computer
- Try to do online shopping from protected sites
- Be careful when you meet someone online or when you post some information about yourself
- Don’t forget to update your antivirus software.
If not all the above steps help or confused on how to troubleshoot internet connection issues then feel free to call at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-778-8740 and let Get My WiFi Ext experts.