Wants to reset Netgear router? We all need good Wi-Fi connections, no matter what you want to do or where you live in!
You need a reliable and strong Wi-Fi router to have great Wi-Fi connections, and Netgear router is one of the most reliable and fastest router to solve your connectivity problems.
The router may face some problems, so if it causes your internet connectivity issues and malfunctions, then you will have to reset your device.
But ask yourself, are you sure you want to Factory Reset Netgear Router?
The Factory Resetting Netgear Router will delete all your personalized settings including your password, username and even the name of your Wi-Fi network.
The factory resetting is required when you are unable to recover your password or your router face some issues.
By doing the Factory Resetting Netgear Router, you will be able to restore all of the settings of your router to default values.
How to Reset Netgear Router?
There are two ways, following which you can reset your Netgear router. Below is a complete guideline that will help you in your router resetting.
Will also explain how you can Reset Netgear Router Password and login to Netgear Router easily.
How to Soft Reset Netgear Router?
The Soft Reset Netgear Router is actually rebooting your router. The first action is fixing any errors related to Netgear Setup or other problems is rebooting your Netgear router.
Rebooting the router does not involve any rocket science and is very easy. Here are the two methods, you need to follow to reboot your router according to your linkage.
Want Expert Help to Reset Netgear Router? Then feel free to dial Router Support Number at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-778-8740.
Method #1: Manually Rebooting your Router.
Follow the given steps to reboot your Netgear router manually.
- Turn On and Off your Netgear router and wait for few seconds. This will reboot your Netgear router.
- This procedure of router rebooting is called as the ‘Soft Reset Router.’
- This will get your router back on track and working state by giving it a fresh start.
Method #2: Rebooting Router through the interface of the router.
In order to reboot your router, you can console the router instead of the router power-recycle. This option is for the users who find manual rebooting useless.
Follow the given steps to manage Netgear router rebooting through the router’s interface.
- First, open your web browser and go to the Netgear router login page.
- You can use http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com or the IP address default.
- A new window of router console login will now be opened.
- If you haven’t changed the settings yet, enter the login default value.
- The bottom of the router possesses stickers having the printed login values on it, check them!
- This will take you to the genie home of Netgear.
- You will see a tab with the name ‘Advanced’, click on it.
- Now locate and then click on the option ‘Router information.’
- Select the option ‘Reboot.’
By following the above-mentioned steps will reboot your router, so wait until the router restarts completely and the LEDs get stabled.
How to Hard Reset Netgear Router?
You can also use the hard reset option to reset your Netgear Router. This method is further classified into two methods.
Method #1: Hard Reset Netgear router using your router’s console.
Follow the given steps to hard reset Netgear router through the router’s console.
- Firstly, launch the web browser on to your system and make sure your PC is connected to your router.
- Now, you need to reach the Netgear router setup console by using www.routerlogin.net with IP address 188.8.131.52.
- Now Login into Netgear router with correct password and username values. The password should be strong enough and typed correctly.
- Click on the option ‘Backup settings’ and choose the option ‘Revert to Factory Default settings.’
- A new message, asking for your final confirmation will pop-up. You need to tap on the button ‘Erase’ and click it to give your consent.
- This will roll back your Netgear router to default factory settings.
By following the above-mentioned steps will reboot your router device after some time.
If it does not reboot in this way, then try restarting the device manually. This will make your Netgear router to start from the original configuration.
You can also get help from certified exerts of Get My WiFi Ext, our Router Support team provide best Netgear Router Troubleshooting in the shortest time span.
Method #2: Hard Reset Wireless Router Manually.
While working with your Netgear router device, you can hard reset your router.
By using the Reset buttons on the Netgear wireless router, you can factory reset your router conveniently.
The process is easy and simple; you just need to follow the steps given below.
- First, locate and then press the button ‘Reset’.
- In some Netgear router, the ‘Reset’ button is located on the bottom or on the side panel of the router.
- The ‘Reset’ button is secured inside a hole and is very tiny.
- Now, grab a pen or a paper clip or some other pointed object to press the tiny ‘reset’ button.
- Keep pressing the ‘Reset’ button for approximately 15 to 20 seconds and wait until the LED light starts blinking.
- Now, release the button and this will restart your Netgear router.
The above-mentioned steps will set your Netgear router with factory settings.
Now, you need to again proceed with the router setup to get your device connected back to your Wi-Fi network connection.
Netgear Customer Service.
If you are facing any trouble with Router Setup or your Netgear Router Login Not Working, then immediately contact the Router Tech Support at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-778-8740 technical staff and expert will guide you.