Once you have got an internet connection installed at your place, you can use it on your preferred device by just Setup Router perfectly.
However, if you are using a Netgear Router and want to enable your modem to provide an internet connection to multiple devices. Maybe yours or may belong to different people sharing the connection.
You are supposed to use a good router and know how to Setup Netgear Router. After Setup Netgear Router you can setup your home and office devices easily.
The installation of the said device is easy and made user-friendly. There are a number of methods to do so. We shall look into the process step by step to Setup Netgear Router.
Setup Netgear Router Using Wireless Connection:
Here are the steps to Setup Router with wireless connection
The Netgear Router Setup by using Wi-Fi enabled devices such as mobile, laptop, computer, or tablet. Follow the given steps to complete the process of How to Setup WiFi Router:
1. Power on your modem of an internet provider and the Netgear router.
2. Connect the modem with the router using an Ethernet cable. The cable has to be inserted in the internet port given at the back of the router.
3. Turn on the modem you have bought and allowed it to have a net connection established.
4. Do the same with the router, have it turned on and let the lights indicate the successful connection.
5. Find the details of wireless settings given at the rear side of the router. Note them down.
6. Now, it is time to use your wireless device and locate the newly powered on the router. Open the network list and find its SSID. This is the preset Netgear Router Wi-Fi network name it comes up with.
7. Connect to the found SSID. Enter the given password if required. The connection between the internet modem and router has been established successfully.
8. Open the preferred browser like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
9. Go to the address bar and type the provided router login IP.
10. Type in the user name and password. Both of these are usually preset as admin and password by default from the company.
11. This shall start the Netgear Configuration Wizard named as Netgear genie. Follow the steps it says, and you are done.
12. You shall get an option saying “Take me to the internet,” click on it to ensure the homepage is accessible.
Stuck somewhere? Don’t confuse just dial Router Customer Service Number at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-778-8740 and get the best service from our expert technicians anytime.
Setup Netgear using Smart Wizard via Ethernet cable:
Let’s Have a look how to Setup Router via Ethernet cable
In case the router is not using the Netgear Genie interface, you can use the SmartWizard configuration method. Check the model beforehand which method is suitable.
1. Power on your internet modem and the router.
2. Allow some time to have the device done with booting up.
3. Connect both of these using a cable in such a way that the Ethernet cable coming from the broadband modem is inserted in the internet port.
Further, the cable originates from any of the LAN ports to your device.
4. Restart the device, router, and modem. Make sure to have the power button turned on.
5. Allow it to reboot and have all the connections lights lit up.
6. Click on the web browser from your device and enter the provided IP address to assess the router settings.
7. Here, it shall demand to enter a username and Netgear Router Password. These come as default as admin and password respectively.
8. Start the SmartWizard setup.
9. Confirm that you want to set up the router using the Wizard by clicking on yes.
10. Follow the prompt step and click next.
You may confirm the fact that an internet connection is established by checking the IP address.
If it shows a valid address, it means the connection has been established successfully and Setup Netgear Router process is done.
Tips To to keep in mind while doing Netgear Router Setup
If you are doing the Netgear Router Setup first time, chances are there may arise some errors. Here, we are giving you some marvelous tips to avoid and troubleshoot those errors:
• Do not rush with the process. Once you switch on the router, the power indicator may give off oranges light. This shows the device is starting up.
Wait for few minutes to let the light turn to a solid light green color. Upon turning green, the router is all up for setup.
• It is a good time-saving practice to figure out which way to approach the setup. Either Netgear genie, Smart Wizard or any other.
• Remember, the router package does not come with the Ethernet cable included. You may want to purchase it separately.
• Usually, the preset username and password is the admin and password. However, it may vary. It is better to look for the exact details to avoid any inconvenience.
• If you are not a networking expert, we recommend not going for the manual router configuration option and following the Wizard setup.
• For security purposes, opt for WPA2-PSK to setup Netgear router password. Go for a strong password by combining alphanumeric keys and devising a unique passphrase.
• Once the network and router are all set, do change the settings in all the devices to be used.
• Periodically, check if there is a software upgrade from the firm by clicking on the Firmware upgrade assistant.
•Restore the factory settings, look for the reset button located at the back of the router. Use a pin or any pointed device to insert in the reset button.
Keep it pressed for five seconds and wait for a few more minutes to allow the router to gain the internet signals successfully.
Now, the network is all up to power your multiple devices with a powerful internet connection.
If unable to do Netgear Router Setup then dial Router Support Number at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-778-8740 and let our Get My WiFi Ext experts do instantly.